Leadership is Personal
Alex Enabnit – Programming Coordinator
This weekend we talked about you. No, not like that… We talked about how you are unique!
If you think about it, there is no “average” person in the world. There are no two people who are exactly alike in every way. God has made each of us unique and gifted us in different ways, which we can break down into four parts. You are:
- Unique in Your Personality – your personality is the result of genetics and the life that you specifically have lived
- Unique in Your Provision – the “giftings” that God has blessed you with
- Unique in Your Preparation – the experiences that you have been through, good or bad, that can be leveraged for the Kingdom
- Unique in Your Purpose – Your uniqueness prepares you for a purpose that God has orchestrated
So the question is, if we’re all unique and have our own abilities and gifts to use for the Kingdom, how do we get better? In the message, Cal proposed three ways to grow:
- By meeting interesting people
- By reading interesting books
- By being exposed to interesting ideas
There is something called the Global Leadership Summit that contains all three of these categories, directly designed to help you grow. Be sure to come next week to see Cal interview Bill Hybels (the man behind the GLS and influential leader in the church) about leadership.
Verses and quotes from the sermon:
Ephesians 2:10; Psalm 139:14; 1 Corinthians 12:7; Romans 12:4-8; Genesis 50:19-21; Philippians 1:6; Jeremiah 1:5; Philippians 2:13
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr. Seuss
“You will only grow to the threshold of your pain.” Dr. Sam Chand
“Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.” Orison Swett Marden
“What does God intend to ‘do’ with your life? Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.” Benjamin E. Mays
“The day that each person willingly accepts himself or herself for who he or she is and acknowledges the uniqueness of God’s framing process marks the beginning of a journey to seeing the handiwork of God in each life.” Ravi Zacharias
Big Idea: God has uniquely created you to lead where you are.
This is Amazing Grace – Bethel Music
Revelation Song – Jennie Lee Riddle
Cornerstone – Hillsong Music