Alex Enabnit – Programming Coordinator
This weekend we welcomed Cal back from his study leave and jumped right into a time of celebration, recalibration, and anticipation. This is only part one, so be sure to come back for part two next week!
At Central, there are a few values that we hold very strongly to. This is nothing new, but if you’re not familiar with these, they would be good to know! Here are Central’s six core values:
We primarily exist for the sake of those who are not yet a part of the Body of Christ, intending to mature all believers into fully transformed, committed, and reproducing followers of Christ.
We acknowledge the Bible as the revealed truth of God, providing direction for our lives. We desire to communicate its truth in a manner that relates to our culture.
We are a community where children and youth are highly valued; we sacrificially share the responsibility of raising Godly children and youth.
Every believer within this community is responsible to use his or her spiritual gifts, time, energy, and finances for honoring God through this ministry.
As a community of believers, we seek God’s guidance and direction through prayer in all that we do as a church and in all aspects of our daily lives.
We are a community of grace and forgiveness where everyone is allowed, encouraged, and expected to be authentic. This is a safe and practical place to come as you are and grow in your faith; but this is also a place where complacency is challenged.
We also spent a good amount of time celebrating the things God has done through Central this past year. This list is by no means exhaustive, but it’s a good idea of all the things that have been going on here!
- There were 1006 people baptized into Christ last year!
- Last year, for the first time in the history of our church, we averaged over 10,000 in the weekend services!
- We’re now up to 14 different services and we are in the planning stages of buildings on just about every one of our campuses.
- We are also doing the preliminary work on the 6th campus of Central!
- You gave away a whopping 25,000 Bibles (The Story)
- We added over 100 new Life Groups last year!
- We hosted our first ever JAQ Conference
- This summer the camp attendance went up from 326 kids to 436 kids!
- More than 140 children made a decision to give their lives to Christ!
- That was followed by Jr. High Camp…then Sr. High Camp
- 650 students from Central attended these camps
- 52 gave their lives to Christ
- Over 150 rededicated their lives
- At Christmas we were able to bless over 1100 families in our communities
- 767 families were adopted by our church last year.
- WE also gave out toys to approximately 300 children through CASA and DCS for Foster Children and then above and beyond that you gave toys to local Children’s Hospitals.
- You loaded up and gave away 3500 backpacks to children and students.
- You gave away 5400 “blessing bags”
- 700+ of you sorted, packed and delivered them.
- Just from January to now through our ACTS Ministry:
- Served 2140 Guests (average of 356 Guests per month)
- Served 4309 plates of food
- 875 Active Servant Ministers (145 returning SM each month)
- 418 served at ACTS for the 1st Time
- Gave 361 Haircuts
- 580 Guests have met with the nurses
- Gave away 520 bus passes
- Gave away 225 food bags from the weekend bin donations
- Gave away 25 donated bikes
- Gave out 1075 reading or sunglasses
- Servant Ministers have donated $1,292.00 for cell phones, phone cards, prescription cards, clothing and furniture vouchers, and gas cards.
- In Giving:
- Adopt a Family –$200k
- Backpacks — $140k
- Blessing Bags — $108k
- Benevolence — $387k
- Christmas offering—$379K
- Land in Queen Creek—$1.2 million (on one weekend!)
- All of this was above and beyond our regular giving!
Verses and quotes from the message:
Acts 1:8; Hebrews 4:12-13; Matthew 18:5-6; Hebrews 13:16; Psalms 145:17-20; John 1:16-17
“Which of these values would we strive to live for regardless of changes in the external environment—even if the environment ceased to reward us for having these values, or perhaps even penalized us?” Jim Collins
“It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.” Noël Coward
Big Idea: Don’t hesitate – PARTICIPATE!!!
Alive – Hillsong Music
This is Living – Hillsong Music
Cornerstone – Hillsong Music
How Deep the Father’s Love for Us – Stuart Townend