We Are Investing
Alex Enabnit – Research Editor
This weekend we continued our “We Are” series, uncovering who we are as a church and what that means for you and me.
The Church (big “C”) is the only thing that Jesus started. Isn’t that amazing to think about? Jesus walked the earth for just over thirty years and wrote absolutely nothing down, yet the Church that He started has now lasted over two millennia, withstood intense persecution, and has changed the world forever. How do we, in our daily lives, invest ourselves in this movement that our very own Savior started?
At Central, we have six “Marks of Ownership” that are used to help us know how to grow our faith in Jesus as well as the mission of Central, “Leading people to discover and fully own faith in Jesus.”
- Pursue Jesus Passionately
- Why? Because there is no other way to pursue Jesus than with your entire heart!
- Share Your Faith
- Why? Because found people find people.
- Serve Consistently
- Why? Because it’s how you make a difference.
- Live in Community
- Why? Because life is better together – specifically, we have Life Groups that are designed to help you have a close community to share the joy and pain of everyday life.
- Gather to Worship
- Why? Because God is worthy.
- Give Generously
- Why? Because generosity builds God’s Kingdom
God doesn’t want something from us; He wants something for us. But to get a return, we must make an investment. Are you investing in the Kingdom?
Verses from the sermon:
Matthew 16:13-18, 28:19-20; Acts 2:42-47; Philippians 3:13-14; Mark 10:43-45; Ecclesiastes 4:9-10; Hebrews 10:24-25; 2 Corinthians 9:6-9
Only Like You – Central Music
Love So Great – Hillsong Worship
Resurrecting – Elevation Worship