Evangelism “Jesus Style”
Alex Enabnit – Research Editor
We had the privilege to hear Greg Laurie, who has been dubbed the successor to Billy Graham, speak at Central this weekend. I hope you got the chance to see him!
In his message, Greg preached on the Great Commission, the command given by Jesus to all of his followers – including you and me – to spread the Gospel. Using John 4 as his text, Greg highlighted Jesus talking to the woman at the well as an example of how to effectively share our faith. So if we want to evangelize “Jesus style,” we need to remember:
- Sharing starts with caring. We can’t effectively share the Gospel if we don’t care about the people we’re sharing with.
- We need to use tact (skill and grace in dealing with others)
- We must adapt to the situation
- We can’t deal with everyone the same – there is no “one size fits all” approach to evangelism.
Greg emphasized that we all have a testimony to share, and that story is a powerful bridge for the Gospel message. Nobody can argue with what God has done for you personally! In the message, Greg gave a few tips on sharing your testimony:
- Don’t glorify or exaggerate your past
- Don’t boast about what you gave up for Jesus, but what HE gave up for YOU!
- When you tell your story, it’s not about YOU but HIM
So, are you ready to start sharing? Perhaps you can start by inviting friends, relatives, or neighbors to Harvest America on June 11 at the University of Phoenix Stadium. It’s going to be a huge event with music and the Gospel message by Greg Laurie. Click on this link for more details. See you there!
You Make Me Brave – Bethel Music
What a Beautiful Name – Hillsong Music
O Come to the Altar – Elevation Worship